Hand Pain Blog

Bone break

  • Ask Trevor CHT: dealing with fracture pain

    Melissa asks:

    "I fainted a while ago and have had a pain in my wrist ever since. My doctor suspects a scaphoid fracture but x-rays are unclear. I've been advised to wear a splint and have an MRI. 

    The pain on moving my hand is so sharp it makes me feel sick. Can you help?"

  • How to find a great Hand Therapist

    It's important to find a therapist that specializes in hand and upper extremity rehabilitation. The easiest way to know if your physical or occupational therapist specializes in hands is to look for the letters "CHT" after their name, which stands for "Certified Hand Therapist".